The advantages of simultaneous interpretation:
• Easy-to-feed mode of perception of information - this speaker sounds without delay;
• Reducing the time of the participants;
• Participants are not required to listen to the event, if they know the foreign language that the speaker uses.
Disadvantages of interpretation:
• Prices of simultaneous interpretation is much higher in comparison with a consecutive translation, due to a higher level of professional translators and load;
• You must pay the rent of specialized equipment;
• Simultaneous translation requires at least two experts familiar with the subject of the translation;
• There is a possibility of information loss and a lower degree of assimilation
Requirements for simultaneous interpreters.
Besides of a rich vocabulary in both languages, and an excellent knowledge of foreign language, and native language, a good simultaneous interpreter has to know the set phrases and be able to quickly pick them up. This makes the speech smooth and lag after the speaker is almost imperceptible. Translator’s good memory will issue a harmonious text blocks at a good pace.
Varieties of Interpretation
• Translation "by ear": the interpreter can hear through headphones the speech and translates by blocks, along the getting of information. This species is common, but also the most difficult;
• Translation of "off the page": simultaneous translation of speech is carried out in accordance with a pre-given material of performance, with the introduction of a desired changes in the declaration;
• Simultaneous reading of previously translated text: the interpreter closely follows the speaker, and read a prepared material. If during the performance are introduced any amendments, adjustments are made.